Delivery Manager/ Software Development Manager
Position Type: Contract or Permanent
Salary: Market Related
We are a leading software development company in Gauteng, with branches at Melrose Arch, Pretoria and Cape Town. We are looking for a Software Development/Delivery Manager to managed solutions across multiple projects.
The person for this role will be somebody who can tackle project, account and delivery management (non-technical) for our custom software projects for larger scale customers, you will be reporting directly to senior management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in the IT industry as Analyst/PM/Architect in client-facing roles
- Non-negotiable is a BSc, BIS, BCom or BEng degree in Computer, Software, Information or
- Electronic related Sciences from a reputable university
- Motivation and leadership qualities required
- Due to the sensitivity of the data and systems we work with, we will require candidates to undergo a Credit and Criminal check should you proceed to the offer stage.
- Taking high level responsibility (planning and leading) for software project delivery management across multiple clients, projects and initiatives in parallel
- These projects are not SAP v4 to v5 upgrades, they are custom builds with a fair bit of tact and problem solving required. They are also not 3 years, typically projects will be 6 to 18 months.
- Client account management – build relationships and present a professional, interested front for Entelect
- Software project management - including origination and initiation, and throughout Software Development Lifecycle
- Status tracking of project tasks, milestones, deliverables or key dates
- Risk and expectation management – resourcing, deliverables, requirements and at times budgets
- Change management – careful and flexible control of scope, ability to estimate work effort on new scope (in conjunction with team)
- High degree of client communication – will often be point contact to a client for a project
- Composition, delivery and tracking of client status reports
- Requires working closely with 5 or more teams operationally
- Attendance to and assistance with demonstrations to clients
- Facilitating client feedback at all touch points (demos, meetings, calls, etc), and management thereof
- Perform business analysis / problem solving on the fly, and ability to context switch rapidly
- A variety of commission incentives and bonus structures in addition to the basic package
- A variety of both external and internal training programmes
- Performance based salary increases twice a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Excellent provident fund and group insurance schemes (life, disability, vehicle)
- Participation in our rewards programme
Please note: If you do not meet our minimum requirements, or hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been declined