Position OverviewBecome more at Entelect, one of SA’s leading software engineering and solutions companies, voted the Best Company to Work For.
When you join Entelect, you’re not just joining a leading software development company, you become part of something bigger. You become part of a team of ambitious, confident, motivated and smart people, who will inspire you to go further, to do more than you thought possible.
You become part of a company that sees potential: potential in our clients, potential in our products and potential in you. Because we believe that if we give you everything you need to be successful, you will be. That you will become more and do great things. Entelect Team Lead
As one of our Team Leads, you will be involved and invested in the projects you are assigned to. You will still be hands-on, designing and building software on a daily basis alongside your team. This is the perfect role if you are someone who still loves your craft, but also wants exposure to the management and leadership space. You are a commodore that leads by example from the front lines. Your elevator pitch - what you’ll tell people you do
“I work with the best minds in the industry to solve complex business problems with software. I use my smarts to deliver the best solutions for my clients and my team so that we can deliver solutions with excellence and impact.” What you’ll actually be doing
- Joining a company with more than 16 years’ experience in software craftsmanship; a company known for hiring, continuously growing, and retaining the best people in the industry.
- Working with teams with a common goal: to solve complex business problems, to drive excellence and to make an impact, while pushing yourself and others to become more.
- Using your knowledge and experience to develop world-class, high-quality web and mobile applications for some of the country’s leading organisations.
- You will be creating environments that will ensure that everyone on your team is mentored, coached and able to grow.
- Guiding your project, implementing processes and rolling out tooling whilst ensuring successful high-quality delivery of your project that adds value to your client’s business.
- You are trusted with the responsibility of managing your client’s expectations and building key relationships.
How you’ll do this
- By utilising your arsenal of soft skills and technical prowess.
- By leading, mentoring and navigating your crew through the many obstacles on your path to successful delivery.
- By understanding how the business and the technology can combine to add true value to your customer and project.
- By pushing the limits, asking questions and challenging preconceived notions of what’s possible. Because, at Entelect, we believe everything is possible.
- By being agile and planning properly, but being open and able to accommodate change when necessary. So you prioritise, you adjust and you get things done.
- By having access to everything you need to become the best at what you do: the facilities, resources and autonomy you need to become more.
What we’ve worked on lately
At Entelect, we’re working on more than 80 projects at any given time. Here are some to whet your appetite:
- Building loyalty platforms designed to drive consumer behaviour and help improve the health and wellness of South Africans.
- Designing and developing high-performance web applications that enable multinational organisations to track risks, including fraud and white-collar crime, across the globe, in real time.
- Developing software for a surgical skill simulation portal that measures surgical skill proficiency; enabling trainee surgeons to practice, track and measure their skills remotely.
- Imagining, designing and implementing an Android app for an agricultural company to help agronomists and sales agents share valuable data in real time; optimising smart agriculture solutions in an industry that is highly susceptible to minor fluctuations in conditions.
- Helping one of South Africa’s largest vehicle fleet management companies accurately price project costs for hundreds of specialised vehicles, down to the cents per kilometre, to provide more competitive products to consumers.
- Developing reliable processes, visual dashboards and tracking tools to monitor the delivery of schoolbooks across South Africa.
- Learning and implementing complex tax and duty tracking tools that enable the world’s largest commodity traders to operate in multiple markets.
What your typical day could look like
You arrive at the office and rally your crew for the morning team coffee run, while discussing the social meet-up that’s happening tonight. You make a mental note to let your partner know that you’ll be out for dinner. That’s on us.
This morning’s stand up highlights a problem that a team member is facing. You identify an opportunity to grow another team member’s critical thinking ability; you ask them to help solve the issue. An hour later you run past to check how the pair programming session is going, they are minutes away from getting to the bottom of the problem. It is great to see the team working together!
You pick up your notes and rush down to the canteen to have a one on one with one of your team members. The session turns into a great discussion on how to hold people accountable. You make a note to check up on how a few of your suggestions worked in your next one on one. Awesome!
Before grabbing lunch, you get side-tracked by a debate taking place in another squad regarding the merits of implementing a SAFe methodology. You add your two cents, excited to see the team trying news ways to improve their environment.
You have 20 minutes free before your demo, so you decide to knock off some technical debt. You spend the next hour having a successful demo with the customer. You sit down at your desk, put your headphones on and knock out that new feature you’ve been excited to tackle. With a happy customer and the instant gratification of completing a critical feature, you stop by the bar for a beer with your colleagues and you challenge your team, that if they win tonight’s LAN, lunch will be on you tomorrow.
Today was a good day. Tomorrow will be too.
What we need from you
- A bachelor’s degree in IT or Sciences (BSc, BIS, BEng or BCom) is non-negotiable.
- Experience driving a development team towards successful delivery.
- A passion for delivering well-crafted solutions, systems and services that make an impact for your client.
- Solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals.
- The ability to build applications within an enterprise environment.
- A hunger to continually improve those around you through mentorship, guidance and awareness of what drives those on your team.
- A desire to embrace a challenge and be driven by excellence.
- A passion to build strong relationships and a great career.
- A friendly outlook.
What you’ll get from us
- Exposure to the best technologies and cool projects.
- Quarterly performance reviews to assist you in achieving your career goals, bi-annual performance-based salary increases, as well as an annual company performance-based bonus.
- Exposure to Entelect’s in-house continuous development programmes, offering training on everything from leadership to deep technical skills, to empower you to become more.
- Participation in our “1Up” rewards programme, where you’ll receive rewards for doing cool things, like attending training events, social functions or for doing a good job.
- Competitive package, including a variety of commission incentives and bonus structures.
Sound good? Send your CV to email@example.com.
Please note the following:
- Due to the sensitivity of the data and systems we work with, we will require candidates to undergo a Credit and Criminal check should you proceed to the offer stage.
- If you do not meet our minimum requirements, or hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been declined